The Tony Award-winning musical Fun Home will begin a national tour on October 2. The cast for the touring production was recently announced. The play will star Kate Shindle as Alison, Alessandra Baldacchino as Small Alison, and Abby Corrigan as Medium Alison. Carly Gold will play Small Alison in some shows. Robert Petkoff will take on the role of Bruce Bechdel, and Susan Moniz will play Helen Bechdel.
Fun Home tells the story of Alison at three different ages and her relationships with members of her family, including her gay father, her mother, and her brothers. The musical was written by Jeanine Tesori and Lisa Kron and was based on Alison Bechdel’s graphic novel-memoir.
Tony Award-Winning and Historic Production
Fun Home opened off-Broadway at the Public Theater in September 2013. The initial run was extended multiple times, and it was nominated for several awards.
The Broadway production began previews at the Circle in the Square Theatre on March 27, 2015 and officially opened on April 19. It received 12 Tony nominations and won five. Tesori and Kron won a Tony for Best Original Score, Kron won for Best Book, and Sam Gold won for Best Direction. The play will end its Broadway run on September 10.
Fun Home made history as the first Broadway musical written by women to win a Tony Award for Best Musical. It was also the first Tony winner to have a lesbian as its protagonist.
Order Tickets to See Fun Home on Tour
OnBroadway.com has tickets to see Fun Home on tour this fall. Productions will be taking place at theaters in cities across the United States. Order tickets now to see this Tony Award-winning musical.
Upcoming Productions of Fun Home
- October 2, 4-9, 11-16, 18-22 – Cleveland, Ohio at Connor Palace Theatre
- October 25-30 – Durham, North Carolina at Durham Performing Arts Center
- November 2-6, 8-13 – Chicago, Illinois at Oriental Theatre – Ford Center for the Performing Arts
- November 15-20, 22-23, 25-27 – St. Louis, Missouri at Fabulous Fox Theatre
- November 29 – December 4, December 6-11 – Detroit, Michigan at Fisher Theatre
- Additional dates in 2017; visit http://www.onbroadway.com/performers/fun-home for more information.